“At Taconic Innovations, we build a bridge to independence for individuals with developmental disabilities while providing innovative and individualized services and support.”
Founded in 2000, Taconic Innovations Inc. provides services to individuals with developmental disabilities in the Hudson Valley region & Westchester counties of New York state.
Taconic Innovations is a 501 C Not-For-Profit Organization. Programs include residential programs, supported independent living support, day habilitation, work readiness, community employment, service coordination, in-home residential habilitation, respite programs, self-advocacy groups, and family education.
We currently employ 300+ staff and serves over 600 individuals with autism and other developmental disabilities annually. We are governed by a voluntary Board of Directors.
Who We Are
Taconic Innovations has a history of creating a level playing field for people with developmental disabilities, and is one of the leading providers of services that have made a tangible difference in people’s lives.
Today, we provide many community-based services and support and are committed to building a bridge to independence for many individuals with autism and other developmental disabilities.
In 2010 we embarked on a new venture and started the Bridges to Success Program to provide competitive employment opportunities for our community.
As we look to the future, Taconic innovations remains committed to assisting as many individuals as possible live out their dreams.
Taconic Innovations wass founded on five guiding principles:
- We will offer individuals with developmental disabilities the support and services they want.
- We will adapt based on what the people we serve want. Taconic Innovations is a growing organization and our principles will focus on change.
- We will focus on community based supports and services.
- We will value all those who seek to work for the people we serve and all those who seek to make a difference in their lives.
- We will strive to maintain fiscal viability.